Are you a documentary photographer or image maker that graduated this summer from a Dutch academy within the department of photography? Would you like to follow a program that will support and inspire you to develop a new project proposal? Then sign up now for Lighthouse, the program that helps new talent develop exceptional ideas into a valuable and convincing project proposal.
FOTODOK is looking for people that:
- Graduated as an image maker from a department of photography in 2020;
- Reside in the Netherlands;
- We are mainly looking for people that are motivated to develop new work;
- In 2021 FOTODOK is focusing its attention on the human psyche. From mental illness to mindfulness, from Artificial Intelligence to dreams. In 2021, FOTODOK plans to research how the concepts of the psyche and the consciousness have developed in the 21st century and how these are changing in the aftermath of the corona pandemic. If you are interested in this topic, this edition of Lighthouse may be of extra interest to you. We are, however, open to a diverse range of topics and areas of interest and therefore do not preclude any themes.
- Are available on the following dates in 2020-2021:
6 & 7 & 8 October 10:00 – 16:00: day + Session 1
4 & 5 November 10:00 – 16:00: Session 2
9 & 10 December 10:00 – 16:00: Session 3
13 & 14 January 10:00 – 16:00: Session 4
10 & 11 February 10:00 – 16:00: Session 5
10 March 10:00 – 16:00: Presentation
Lighthouse will offer you:
- A new network of young practitioners with whom you can share knowledge and experience, a new network of experts from the field that can come to your aid when making new work. And a new network of thematic collaboration.
- A secure base at FOTODOK, where there is always space for questions, feedback, suggestions and someone will always lend you a sympathetic ear.
- An inspiring setting with guest speakers, lecturers, and the possibility to attend part of the in-depth program of FOTODOK.
- Guidance in the process of making a project proposal. With the goal of being able to present this project proposal to an art fund or to other interested parties.
- Guidance in making or compiling of a series of visual sketches with the goal of presenting this project proposal visually too.
- Guidance in setting up a financial plan.
- Guidance in making a presentation for a new audience.
- A stipend of up to 500 euro to cover expenses, per person.
Submit a motivation letter before the 31st of July 23:59 (max 1 A4), portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The motivation letter, portfolio and CV have to be compiled in that order in 1 PDF, accompanied by your name. We have room for 10 participants and will make our selection known at the end of August 2020.
The selection committee that will examine and assess all applications consists of:
Kevin Osepa – Photographer
Katayoun Arian – Researcher, curator and writer
Isabelle van Hemert – Photo-editor at De Correspondent
Daria Tuminas – Curator at FOTODOK,
Lisanne van Happen – Talent development programmer at FOTODOK.
Send them to Lisanne van Happen at Lisanne@fotodok.org.